Senior Software Developer
Aurora – Senior Software Developer
Aurora Solar Technologies is a Vancouver-based company in the renewable energy field.
Aurora Solar Technologies Inc., a Vancouver-based company in the renewable energy field, develops and markets inline measurement, visualization and production process analysis systems for the photovoltaic manufacturing industry. Our unique products, built into the production lines of solar product manufacturers worldwide, allow these manufacturers to address their needs for continuously increasing predictability, reliability and quality of their manufacturing processes.
We are a collaborative, innovative and creative team of highly-motivated, experienced, diversified people who thrive to make a difference in the photovoltaic industry. We’ll provide you with many opportunities for learning, and support while taking your skills and confidence to the next level. As a member of the technology team, you’ll work closely with your co-workers to design and implement our precision measurement and process control products.
- Develop and maintain and update GUIs, ensuring a consistent and high quality in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain and advance service interfaces, ensuring a consistent architecture.
- Understand requirements and develop design specifications for the systems / modules / code, highlight conflicting or inconsistent requirements.
- Design and implementation of modules / code and test code to a high level of quality in a timely manner.
- Data and systems design to support systems / module requirements.
- Maintain and advance database architecture as required.
- Document systems / modules / code as required by specific projects.
- Interpret problem reports and diagnose / repair issues in existing code in a timely fashion.
- Expand technical knowledge, including computer languages as necessary to perform duties.
- Adhere to current and future practices of the software team and company.
- Other related tasks as required.
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree computer science, or equivalent experience
- Have strong math, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have minimum 8 years of experience
- Worked in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle
- Have solid experience with Linux, Go and MySql
- Experience with performance tuning, Linux, algorithms, and MySql
- Have experience with writing unit tests in Go
- Have solid knowledge of service style interfaces
- Worked with source control systems, and bug tracking tools
- Worked in Agile development environment, defined stories and estimated tasks
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills
For further information or to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.