Solar Cell Production Data Engineer (R&D) Solar electricity
Aurora – Solar Cell Production Data Engineer (R&D)
Solar electricity is an indispensable part of the low carbon-footprint economy. Just to fill the needs for new capacity, more solar cells are made each day by volume than all other semiconductor devices combined! As the world transitions to electric vehicles, the demand for green electricity will grow exponentially, and solar electricity is poised to become the most important renewable energy source of the twenty first century because it is highly scalable and easy to deploy.
At Aurora, we are a highly interdisciplinary group of physicists, data scientists, hardware, and software engineers on a mission to transform giga factories throughout the world that manufacture millions of solar cells per day into smart factories that can self-learn and self-optimize to maximize yield, throughout and product quality. Become part of our dynamic core in various projects that span measurement science, data fusion, big data analytics and machine learning.
To top things off, we convene at the vibrant heart of North Vancouver—just a stone throw from the scenic spirit trail, walkable distance to Lonsdale Quay, and a short drive to the Capilano River and the mountains. We go to work inspired and excited that our products are making an impact on the global efforts towards green electrification. Apply now to learn more!
• Develop repeatable algorithms/methods that can help pin-point problematic process tools, categorize production process issues, or predict tool failure, by analyzing high volume inline PV production data at customer sites.
• Manage R&D project with academic institute partner on the same topics above.
• Collaborate with customers to describe and investigate solar cell efficiency/quality/yield optimization related problems, using production data as well as offline measurements if available.
• Investigate effectiveness of complementary inline measurements (e.g. AOI, EL) and offline measurements (e.g. PL, DLIT) in systematic root cause analysis, working with customer onsite metrology tools.
• Procure high volume inline luminescence images from customer sites that are tagged with batch information and develop high-volume image analysis process which can supplement the above-mentioned categorization of production process issues.
• Work with software develop team to specify analysis methodology/algorithm, and product manager to design user stories and user interface.
• Postgraduate degree or above in physics/engineering, and/or
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering with 2+ years work experience in solar cell manufacturing environment
• Experience with Python or other engineering programming language
• Strong math, statistics, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Take pride in working on projects to successful completion.
• Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise.
• Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
• Thrive in projects that involve challenging technical problems.
To apply, please send your cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com, Attention: Human Resources.